Make this delicious white bean soup in the Instant Pot in under 30 minutes. This soup is made with easy to find ingredients, and is sure to be a hit with your entire family!
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME20 mins
- ▢Instant Pot
- ▢2 cans White Beans (Great Northern or Cannellini beans) 1 can = 15 oz
- ▢1 tbsp Olive oil
- ▢3 Garlic cloves Minced or finely chopped
- ▢1 Yellow onion Diced
- ▢2 Bay leaves
- ▢2 Stalks celery
- ▢1 stock cube
- ▢3 cups water or use vegetable broth
- ▢2 carrots Peeled and chopped
- ▢2 Potatoes peeled and chopped
- ▢Salt As needed
- ▢½ tbsp dried herbs Or use fresh herbs such as rosemary or thyme
- ▢½ tbsp cracked black pepper
- ▢½ tbsp paprika
- ▢½ Lemon Juiced
- ▢1 cup Spinach or use frozen spinach
- In the Instant Pot, hit Sauté mode and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add chopped garlic and chopped onions and bay leaves.
- Cook until onions start to brown – 4-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped celery and sauté for a minute.
- Hit Cancel on the Instant Pot, add the chopped potatoes and chopped carrots.
- Add the dried herbs, stock cube and 3 cups of water, followed by the crushed black pepper, paprika and added salt if needed.
- Add the drained white beans.
- Mix well, ensure that no residue to stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Hit Pressure Cook (or Manual) on the Instant Pot, set the time for 6 minutes. After the pressure cooking cycle is complete, let the Instant Pot rest for 10 minutes in Keep Warm mode. Then hit Cancel, and manually release pressure by opening the vent (Quick Pressure Release).
- Open the lid of the Instant Pot, and add the baby spinach (if using) . The spinach will wilt in the heat of the Instant Pot. Add the juice of half a lemon, and stir.
- Serve the soup warm, with an optional garnish of grated cheese.
- Use any variety of white beans you have. You can also use dried white beans that have been soaked overnight, and set Pressure Cook time to 15 minutes.
- You can add tomato paste to give the dish umami and depth of flavor. Add it together with the stock/broth, before you pressure cook the ingredients.
- Increase the creaminess of the soup by adding half and half or grated Parmesan or Gruyere (my personal favorite) or Cheddar cheese at the very end. For a vegan alternative, use coconut milk or cashew milk instead.
- I used dried Italian herbs, but you can also use fresh thyme or rosemary to give it a lovely boost of flavor.
- Calories: 260kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 14gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 303mgPotassium: 1027mgFiber: 11gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 6340IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 175mgIron: 6mg